1. What’s your name, and where are you from? My name is Saint. Born and raised in Chicago but currently residing in Phoenix aka @polo_n_jordans45
2. How long have you been collecting? I been collecting on and off since about I was a kid. Maybe 12-13 yrs old
3. What inspired you to start collecting? My cousin Angelo (@stolwert ). He always had a dope pair on his feet. As someone I looked up to I wanted to be as fly as he was. He still one of my role models
4. What’s your favorite pair of sneakers that you own, and why? Jordan 11 “Legend Blue” My all time favorite shoe is the Jordan 11 Columbia. The Legend Blue is the closest to it. So that’s become my de facto favorite that I own due to the nostalgia it brings up
5. What grail pair don’t you have and would love to add to your collection? Grail? ? That’s a good question. There’s a few. But I’d have to go with the Air Max 360/90 Hybrid “PlayStation 3”
6. What are your likes and/or dislikes about sneakerhead culture? What I find the most appealing about the culture is its ability to connect people from different corners of the world, from all walks of life. How 10 different strangers could be in line and instantly chop it up because of the heat that they got on their feet. As for dislikes, the safety concerns on release days is sad to see. Kids getting killed for a pair of shoes. It’s heart wrenching to see something we love be the cause of someone’s death.
7. Is there anything you’d like to see more of in the sneakerhead community? I really like to see the community come together to put an end to these bullshit resellers charging rape prices. We as collectors have that ability to stop that. Resellers charge high prices because they know a collector will pay it. If a reseller cops 19 pair of Cactus Jack 4s and sells them for $800. And the community says hell no we ain’t payin that. He can’t take that loss for long, he’ll have to drop his prices to a reasonable amount
8. All “kicks” aside, what are your interests/passions/hobbies outside of sneakers? I always had a passion for fashion before I had it I closed my eyes and imagined…