1. What’s your name, and where are you from?
My name is Elsie and I’m from Mexico.
2. How long have you been collecting?
It all started in high school, I liked that my tennis was different from what everyone used. But since 3 years ago I began to formally collect some Air Max 90; later I was attracted to the Jordan 11, they are a very nice silhouette for the girls. And now I have a bit of everything, I’m not a fan of a single silhouette, I give myself the opportunity to know the comfort, quality and style of different sneakers.
3. What inspired you to start collecting?
Definitely without my boyfriend, I would not be a collector, he motivated me to love sneakers. Together we got into this game, our passion grew at the same time, we wanted what nobody had and every time we needed more and more, once you are inside the sneaker game it is very difficult to leave.
4. What’s your favorite pair of sneakers that you own, and why?
I currently have two favorites
Yeezy Boost 350 v2 Zebra and the Air Max 97 triple black. I like both because they are easy to combine and I like how they look with any outfit.
5. What would you like to love and add to your collection?
I think it would be crazy to have a Human Race NMD Pharrell X Chanel, I love them.
6. What are your likes and / or dislikes about sneakerhead culture?
What I like is that I have met many people through social networks that are currently great friends. Thanks to them I have learned many things and they inspire me to be better every day
7. Is there anything you’d like to see more of in the sneakerhead community?
Yes, I would like to meet more women collectors, so that we can inspire and support each other.
8. All “kicks” aside, what are your interests / passions / hobbies outside of sneakers?
Apart from the sneakers, what I like most is to spend time with my boyfriend, to know new things and places, to have fun, to relax and to live life with a lot of love and happiness. It is not worth seeing life go by without having enjoyed it.