1. What’s your name, and where are you from?
My name is Jon aka _freshkicks3_ & I’m from North Carolina ( but not a Tarheel fan) lol.
2. How long have you been collecting?
I have seriously been collecting since 3rd grade (age 9) but over the years I took breaks from time to time.
3. What inspired you to start collecting?
Glad you asked me that Jackie, so as a young kid growing up in a single parent home it was tough for my mom to buy me sneakers more than maybe twice a year. I would see kids at school with all the dope new kicks and every time I would tell myself one of these days real soon I will have those same dope kicks & stuck by those words. So that summer I would go door to door in my neighborhood helping neighbors do any and everything I could to help them and make money at the same time. And by the start of the new school year I had made $300, so I took that cash to the mall and bought me 3 pairs of dope kicks and the rest was history, I hustled the same way every summer til I graduated high school! And I owe it to my mom for showing me her dedication and drive to make sure I had everything I needed!! My mom was my inspiration!!
4. What’s your favorite pair of sneakers that you own, and why?
Dj Delz Saucony Collab “Miami Nights”
Why- 1. Great quality
2. Dope creativity
3. Super exclusive 1 of 100
4. And I was able to help support a great friend of mine!
5. What grail pair don’t you have and would love to add to your collection?
Carmine 6 is my all time grail
6. What are your likes and/or dislikes about sneakerhead culture?
Likes- Being able to network and meet some of the most awesome people in the world, that end up becoming family for life!
– Definitely like the fact that we have the ability to know of what is coming out and when unlike back in the day!
Dislikes- Scammers/ Fakes
– And people in this culture that get some fame and act like they are above/ better than everyone else.
7. Is there anything you’d like to see more of in the sneakerhead community?
– more sneaker conventions in smaller cities so that other sneakerheads have a chance to experience it.
– more givebacks/ toy drives and other events that give back to the community and those that are less fortunate.( I have a heart for helping people)
– more love shown and less hate (“One Sole Purpose”)
– more quality collaborations from brands with those influencers that actually live the culture.
8. All “kicks” aside, what are your interests/passions/hobbies outside of sneakers?
– Spending quality family time with my beautiful wife of 17 yrs and my 2 awesome teenage daughters.
– Hooping with my boys
– Watching and supporting Duke Blue Devil Basketball ?
– Action movies/ Sports Documentaries
– Family Trips
So that is a little about me thank you for nominating me as the sneakerhead of the month for February! It’s a great humbling honor to represent the NOS family!